Ron's RV7 Aircraft Factory


Welcome to my personal blog. This site was created as an informal description of my build progress in the construction of a Van's RV7 aircraft. A place where family/friends/builders/curiosity seekers can follow along. It is not intended to be a detailed description of every step in the building process as that would be much too time consuming. There are plenty of sites that do a great job in that arena, that is not my intention with this site. My intention is for this to be a philisophical/motivational/inspirational account of the emotional ups and downs of the life changing journey...and it will change your life. I hope this will give you an idea, through my eyes, of what its like to make this transformation. A note to other builders, I am not an expert so do not put your safety at risk by attempting anything you see on this site until you have done your own research, or send me an email so we can discuss it. Any deviations from the plans are not approved, nor endorsed by Van's Aircraft or myself. Thanks for visiting.



Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Seats Arrive!! HOBBS 1484.0 hrs

My seats and interior package arrived from Classic Aero Designs yesterday. I'll give ya a sneak peak of what it looks like...I just did a quick test fitting for now, more pics later, for now they will be put aside while I finish up the rest of the plane. Keep in mind, the camera didn't capture the true look of the red leather...it looks more subtle and not as bright (...a color in between red and maroon) in reality.

Whats funny to me is that this scheme was a last minute decision. I went through several ideas before settling on this one. The vertical stripe idea was borrowed from Sean Blair. Seeing it, I am so happy I went this route...its so hard to visualize how this will look, it was all just images bouncing around in my head. To finally see it come to fruition...all I can say is, "I crushed that one...home run to deep center!" The arrival of the seats were only rivaled by the arrival of the prop regarding the "size of smile" on my face.

To summarize my feelings, the seats came out awesome and I'm thrilled...they really capture my design intent perfectly. I wanted a high end sports car look...think Ferrari. Mission accomplished...Sean Blair, without any prompting from me (I didn't even mention my 'Ferrari theme' idea) said this when he saw the pics, "Ferrari would be happy to install that any day!" Thanks Sean.

I've yet to see an RV out there with seats that look quite like this, they are bold, that always makes me smile. Life is too short to not walk your own path in life....dare to be different, lead...don't follow.




This was actually the first time I had sat in CAD seats...very comfy!

2 comments:

  1. Great looking seats, Ron! I missed you and Sean at the RM Airshow. We went on Saturday with some friends that were in town visiting/staying with us. Those Raptors sure were cool to watch. Great to see your progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mike! Yeah, Sean and I had a great time during the airshow...the Raptor was pretty amazing...good times.

      Delete