Ron's RV7 Aircraft Factory


Welcome to my personal blog. This site was created as an informal description of my build progress in the construction of a Van's RV7 aircraft. A place where family/friends/builders/curiosity seekers can follow along. It is not intended to be a detailed description of every step in the building process as that would be much too time consuming. There are plenty of sites that do a great job in that arena, that is not my intention with this site. My intention is for this to be a philisophical/motivational/inspirational account of the emotional ups and downs of the life changing journey...and it will change your life. I hope this will give you an idea, through my eyes, of what its like to make this transformation. A note to other builders, I am not an expert so do not put your safety at risk by attempting anything you see on this site until you have done your own research, or send me an email so we can discuss it. Any deviations from the plans are not approved, nor endorsed by Van's Aircraft or myself. Thanks for visiting.



Monday, September 13, 2010

Center Console HOBBS 308.5 hrs

I wish I could tell you I had a progress report...sorry. Man, have I been busy lately. With grad school in full swing and going well, camping last weekend, a SportAir workshop (more on this later) this weekend and three Rockies games in seven days the schedule has been full to say the least! Its all good though, the plate of life is full and the "food has been very appetizing"....having fun and learning lots! However, I've been itching to get back on the plane, so as soon as some dust settles a little I'll get back cranking away.

Here are some more shots of Jon Clements cockpit and more specifically his center console. If you follow my bog you'll know this is almost identical to the design I am working on in SolidWorks...just picture it in red/black instead of orange.

With a quick glance you might guess Jon is an Architect. The aesthetics of this design are the best I have seen in an RV. Jon and I exchanged a few emails and he was very gracious to answer some of my questions. Beyond the aesthetics, he really put a lot of thought into the functionality of the design. Bravo to him for a job well done. Jon lives in Australia and is currently flying off his initial 25 hrs of flight test...and it goes without saying, he is LOVING his new baby!


4 comments:

  1. that is very very nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man that's sick looking! Hope mine will look that good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are the switches over the fuel selector used for

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who did your interior, seats, etc.?

    ReplyDelete