Ron's RV7 Aircraft Factory


Welcome to my personal blog. This site was created as an informal description of my build progress in the construction of a Van's RV7 aircraft. A place where family/friends/builders/curiosity seekers can follow along. It is not intended to be a detailed description of every step in the building process as that would be much too time consuming. There are plenty of sites that do a great job in that arena, that is not my intention with this site. My intention is for this to be a philisophical/motivational/inspirational account of the emotional ups and downs of the life changing journey...and it will change your life. I hope this will give you an idea, through my eyes, of what its like to make this transformation. A note to other builders, I am not an expert so do not put your safety at risk by attempting anything you see on this site until you have done your own research, or send me an email so we can discuss it. Any deviations from the plans are not approved, nor endorsed by Van's Aircraft or myself. Thanks for visiting.



Wednesday, December 16, 2009

RV7 Cutaway Print by Tom Johnson HOBBS 168.0 hrs



Awhile back I mentioned an aviation artist that was doing cutaway poster prints of RV's. His name is Tom Johnson, and his work is quite good. He has done many custom prints of various airplanes from a Gee Bee Racer to Pitts for their owners. The idea came up for him to do an RV, so he started with the RV8, which I posted on my site awhile back. His second model is the wonderful RV7, and this is a view of the finished goods. I orered a numbered limited edition print, #5 of 100. It should arrive by Christmas...call it a Christmas gift to myself! :)

Tom Johnson RV ordering information

No comments:

Post a Comment