Ron's RV7 Aircraft Factory


Welcome to my personal blog. This site was created as an informal description of my build progress in the construction of a Van's RV7 aircraft. A place where family/friends/builders/curiosity seekers can follow along. It is not intended to be a detailed description of every step in the building process as that would be much too time consuming. There are plenty of sites that do a great job in that arena, that is not my intention with this site. My intention is for this to be a philisophical/motivational/inspirational account of the emotional ups and downs of the life changing journey...and it will change your life. I hope this will give you an idea, through my eyes, of what its like to make this transformation. A note to other builders, I am not an expert so do not put your safety at risk by attempting anything you see on this site until you have done your own research, or send me an email so we can discuss it. Any deviations from the plans are not approved, nor endorsed by Van's Aircraft or myself. Thanks for visiting.



Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Seat Belt Pads HOBBS 1502.5 hrs


My custom seat belt pads arrived Friday, and like the seats, look fabulous! These are actually Crow harnesses with Hooker pads with matching leather...it took some doing to get this accomplished, but I saved probably ~$500 in the process. Hookers (harnesses, that is...) are just way overpriced! ;) I love my Crow's but I wanted to have matching leather. Although I talked Luke at CAD into doing this, as he had never done it before, he said he probably won't offer it again. But...my advice if you want to go this route, is just procure the material from CAD and then have your local upholstery shop do it for you...they are dirt simple to make. I still need to add some snaps to hold the pads in place...but I've already found a DIY kit at the local boat shop, should be a piece of cake.

In other news...I have surpassed 1500 hrs on the project HOBBS! Wow, its crazy to reflect back on the journey to this point...a whole lot of activity went into that 1500 hrs. I've come a long way...

And, in still other news...I am ecstatic to report that as of this morning I have chosen my hangar location. I was presented with an offer I just couldn't pass up. Last weekend at the airshow, Bob Markert said he was looking for two hangar mates and I told him I was very interested...just needed to ponder it for a few nights. Well, there wasn't much to think about really...part of the fun of building an RV is the social aspect of it. Hangaring with Bob at BJC will fill the social aspect perfectly...not only do I very much enjoy Bob's company, but Sean Thomas, Jim Gray and Steve are in the same hangar row...just a few down from us. It should be a great group to hang out with...I'm very much looking forward to it.



No comments:

Post a Comment