Ron's RV7 Aircraft Factory


Welcome to my personal blog. This site was created as an informal description of my build progress in the construction of a Van's RV7 aircraft. A place where family/friends/builders/curiosity seekers can follow along. It is not intended to be a detailed description of every step in the building process as that would be much too time consuming. There are plenty of sites that do a great job in that arena, that is not my intention with this site. My intention is for this to be a philisophical/motivational/inspirational account of the emotional ups and downs of the life changing journey...and it will change your life. I hope this will give you an idea, through my eyes, of what its like to make this transformation. A note to other builders, I am not an expert so do not put your safety at risk by attempting anything you see on this site until you have done your own research, or send me an email so we can discuss it. Any deviations from the plans are not approved, nor endorsed by Van's Aircraft or myself. Thanks for visiting.



Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Pilgrimage to Oshkosh HOBBS 262.0 hrs

Leaving for Oshkosh in the morning for my 2010 trip. I was looking through my old blog posts and I think I was at 95.0 hrs and working on my empennage when I paused for OSH last year. A lot has changed personally and I havent come as far as I'd have liked on the project by now, but progress is being made so its not all bad. Going to OSH takes on new meaning when you are an active builder, you can bet I'll be taking a lot of wing pictures this year...last year was empennage pics. :)

I'll be scouting for quite a few items this year at the show. Pitot mast, static/pitot kit, tank dimple dies, landing/taxi lights and misc hardware and tools...anything that I need and can get a bargain and/or save on shipping costs. I also really want to take a close look at the Dynon products: Skyview, pitot, autopilot, AOA, transponder, etc. I have the nice luxury of being able to send anything I buy home with Bryan also (thanks Bryan). I should be seeing the gang tomorrow...Scott, Deb, Gary, Carolyn, Bryan...looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment