Ron's RV7 Aircraft Factory


Welcome to my personal blog. This site was created as an informal description of my build progress in the construction of a Van's RV7 aircraft. A place where family/friends/builders/curiosity seekers can follow along. It is not intended to be a detailed description of every step in the building process as that would be much too time consuming. There are plenty of sites that do a great job in that arena, that is not my intention with this site. My intention is for this to be a philisophical/motivational/inspirational account of the emotional ups and downs of the life changing journey...and it will change your life. I hope this will give you an idea, through my eyes, of what its like to make this transformation. A note to other builders, I am not an expert so do not put your safety at risk by attempting anything you see on this site until you have done your own research, or send me an email so we can discuss it. Any deviations from the plans are not approved, nor endorsed by Van's Aircraft or myself. Thanks for visiting.



Friday, July 9, 2010

Rosie's Visit HOBBS 230.0 hrs

Over the July 4th weekend, as I mentioned in a previous post, we had a movie night at the hangar. Paul Rosales (Rosie) was flying his RV6A out from CA to go whitewater rafting with the Mills' and Ziliks'. Rosie is quite well known in the RV community and I had read quite a few of his trip reports on places he had traveled. He is usually the driving force for getting groups of RV-ers together for trips to the Bahamas...very cool, great inspiration for us guys still building. His RV now has over 3100 hrs on it and still looks great!! It was nice to finally meet him.

The movie was a Scotty surprise, turned out to be a foreign aviation film not released in the theatres in the US but Scott purchased the DVD..."The Red Baron". Not too bad if you are into aviation movies, the flying sequences were a little hoaky as usual but the acting and plot were not bad at all, I enjoyed it. The best line in the movie was something along the lines of "...pilots are gods"! I think all of us pilots knowingly nodded our approval, but the wives all let out a collective groan! :) haha, good stuff. Here are some pics from movie night along with a link to Rosie's VAF trip report...great pics of their trip out to Telluride. I gotta say, stories like this, are EXACTLY why I am slaving away for 4 yrs of my life and spending a vast amount of my hard earned cash to build one of these suckers!! The day I can tag along in my own airplane, built with my own hands, cant come soon enough! KPR my friends...


Our welcoming party for Rosie's arrival...beer in hand of course! ;)


The hangar prepared for movie night, brats, hot dogs and lots of chips/dip on hand


Scott, Rosie and Gary's (left to right) planes ready for departure to Telluride


Great shot of Gary's plane with the good ol' Mile High City as an excellent backdrop! (All photos courtesy of Rosie)

No comments:

Post a Comment