Ron's RV7 Aircraft Factory


Welcome to my personal blog. This site was created as an informal description of my build progress in the construction of a Van's RV7 aircraft. A place where family/friends/builders/curiosity seekers can follow along. It is not intended to be a detailed description of every step in the building process as that would be much too time consuming. There are plenty of sites that do a great job in that arena, that is not my intention with this site. My intention is for this to be a philisophical/motivational/inspirational account of the emotional ups and downs of the life changing journey...and it will change your life. I hope this will give you an idea, through my eyes, of what its like to make this transformation. A note to other builders, I am not an expert so do not put your safety at risk by attempting anything you see on this site until you have done your own research, or send me an email so we can discuss it. Any deviations from the plans are not approved, nor endorsed by Van's Aircraft or myself. Thanks for visiting.



Thursday, August 5, 2010

Flight Stimulator HOBBS 262.0 hrs

Back from Oshkosh and settling back into working on the project. One of the t-shirts at Oshkosh had the caption, "Flight Stimulator". Although I didnt like the design of the shirt, I did like the saying and it was very appropriate to describe AirVenture. It sure is inspirational to see all the airplanes and immerse yourself in aviation for 5 days. I couldnt wait to get home to get back on the project and also am itching to go flying. I'm going to have to rent the DA20 real soon for a little air time to scratch that itch.





Pics from our night at Bryan's camp sitting around the fire telling tall tales. Lots of smiles to go around, good times!


Aeroshell Square...



Rumor has it, there were something like 39 DC-3's at this years Oshkosh, which would make it one of the biggest gatherings since WWII. Pretty cool to see the ol' birds still flying.


Greg Koontz's Decathalon, he has a very interesting bed/breakfast aerobatic school Greg Koontz Airshows and Aerobatic School in Alabama that I wouldnt mind attending someday. I sat in on his seminar, "Intro to Aerobatics", I like his teaching style.


The new 'Icon' light sport Amphib. This aircraft was designed by a team of young MIT grads and the styling shows the youthful approach (Edit: 08/06/10 The new Terrafugia has the MIT design team, although the Icon team is in fact, a young Engineering team with fresh ideas). Looks like something out of a James Bond movie. This plane isnt on the market yet but has created quite a buzz already, I think its going to be a big seller.


I liked the paint job and colors on the new Piper LSA.


The legendary Christen Eagle, one of the first airplanes my Dad and I thought about building way back in the day. Still a pretty airplane.


One of my favorite warbirds, the Corsair, flown by famous Marine fighter pilot Greg "Pappy" Boyington.


Homebuilt camping...


Another paint scheme I liked, I think this was a Canadian bird?


Scott and Gary's planes and campsites...


A sexy looking Lancair Legacy with a great number on the tail :) This plane is a Reno racer and was on display at the Reno Air Race tent.

No comments:

Post a Comment