Ron's RV7 Aircraft Factory


Welcome to my personal blog. This site was created as an informal description of my build progress in the construction of a Van's RV7 aircraft. A place where family/friends/builders/curiosity seekers can follow along. It is not intended to be a detailed description of every step in the building process as that would be much too time consuming. There are plenty of sites that do a great job in that arena, that is not my intention with this site. My intention is for this to be a philisophical/motivational/inspirational account of the emotional ups and downs of the life changing journey...and it will change your life. I hope this will give you an idea, through my eyes, of what its like to make this transformation. A note to other builders, I am not an expert so do not put your safety at risk by attempting anything you see on this site until you have done your own research, or send me an email so we can discuss it. Any deviations from the plans are not approved, nor endorsed by Van's Aircraft or myself. Thanks for visiting.



Monday, August 23, 2010

On to the Right Tank HOBBS 300.5 hrs

Started on the right tank, all of the attach brackets are done. Tank is back in the cradle, ready for all of the same prep work (drilling, countersinking, angle bracket, access hole, etc) I just did on the left tank. Pics will be a little redundant so I wont post many through this process. It is going much faster the second time around, not nearly as much reading and studying plans as I know pretty much what needs to be done. When doing new tasks, I think you spend about 50% of your time just reading and trying to understand the steps in the process. I think if a guy built a second one of these, it would go so much faster.

Funny story, my neighbors walked by while I was working tonight and asked about the project. I told them I was building an airplane...they responded, "oh, thats neat". Then they took a peak inside and saw the wings in the stand...and thats when they said, "wow, thats a real airplane!" haha. I love the misconceptions this hobby has with the general public...most people think you are building an ultralight or something. Yep, its a real airplane...and then some! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment