Ron's RV7 Aircraft Factory


Welcome to my personal blog. This site was created as an informal description of my build progress in the construction of a Van's RV7 aircraft. A place where family/friends/builders/curiosity seekers can follow along. It is not intended to be a detailed description of every step in the building process as that would be much too time consuming. There are plenty of sites that do a great job in that arena, that is not my intention with this site. My intention is for this to be a philisophical/motivational/inspirational account of the emotional ups and downs of the life changing journey...and it will change your life. I hope this will give you an idea, through my eyes, of what its like to make this transformation. A note to other builders, I am not an expert so do not put your safety at risk by attempting anything you see on this site until you have done your own research, or send me an email so we can discuss it. Any deviations from the plans are not approved, nor endorsed by Van's Aircraft or myself. Thanks for visiting.



Sunday, August 22, 2010

2010 FTG Open House HOBBS 298.5 hrs

Saturday afternoon I took a small break from airplane construction to go out to the Front Range (FTG) open house and car show. Its free, and close, so why not eh? Check out some airplanes...see some flying, etc. I ran into Wes and Pete (RV8 owners) Pete's Engine Hanging at the CubCrafter table...they had their pretty yellow Carbon Cub on display trying to find some buyers. Tough going in today's economy, I feel for them. So, their RV8 project is kind of on hold these days...all about money.

I did see a couple of RV7's on the ramp. One was a -7 slider that I have seen before, the other an unpainted RV7A that I hadnt. It was interesting, I always like poking and prodding a finished plane of my model. He had the same infinity stick grips and interior that I plan to put in mine. I wanted to sit in it...but alas, I didnt get a chance to meet the owner. Here are some pics.


Side cowling louvers...rumor has it he had engine cooling issues that took him a year to get solved. Not sure what engine he had in it? I've ususally seen builders put them on the bottom of the cowl.






Some interesting 'nose art' on one of the cars at the show...gotta love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment