Ron's RV7 Aircraft Factory


Welcome to my personal blog. This site was created as an informal description of my build progress in the construction of a Van's RV7 aircraft. A place where family/friends/builders/curiosity seekers can follow along. It is not intended to be a detailed description of every step in the building process as that would be much too time consuming. There are plenty of sites that do a great job in that arena, that is not my intention with this site. My intention is for this to be a philisophical/motivational/inspirational account of the emotional ups and downs of the life changing journey...and it will change your life. I hope this will give you an idea, through my eyes, of what its like to make this transformation. A note to other builders, I am not an expert so do not put your safety at risk by attempting anything you see on this site until you have done your own research, or send me an email so we can discuss it. Any deviations from the plans are not approved, nor endorsed by Van's Aircraft or myself. Thanks for visiting.



Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Interior Baggage Compartment Lighting HOBBS 1061.5 hrs

Spent a little bit of time installing LED lights--baggage compartment 'dome' light and a map light that I got from Stein in my last order. Although I am a big fan of LED lights (low cost, low power draw and they last forever) I wasn't overly impressed with the light output of these two guys. It'll be fine for what they need to do.


I'm still fiddling with this and how it will look, but you can see I fabricated a cover for the structural member. This cover isn't included in the kit.


I bought this AC DC switching power supply about a month ago just for stuff like this. This was another great tip from fellow RV7 builder Sean Blair. I hooked this puppy up to my lights and fired 'em up for a test run. Worked great!


Shielded, 3 conductor wire I ordered from Stein for my tail/wing strobes. Does this look like $65 worth of wire?? :) Expensive stuff, but worth it so you don't get EMI in your system.

No comments:

Post a Comment