Ron's RV7 Aircraft Factory


Welcome to my personal blog. This site was created as an informal description of my build progress in the construction of a Van's RV7 aircraft. A place where family/friends/builders/curiosity seekers can follow along. It is not intended to be a detailed description of every step in the building process as that would be much too time consuming. There are plenty of sites that do a great job in that arena, that is not my intention with this site. My intention is for this to be a philisophical/motivational/inspirational account of the emotional ups and downs of the life changing journey...and it will change your life. I hope this will give you an idea, through my eyes, of what its like to make this transformation. A note to other builders, I am not an expert so do not put your safety at risk by attempting anything you see on this site until you have done your own research, or send me an email so we can discuss it. Any deviations from the plans are not approved, nor endorsed by Van's Aircraft or myself. Thanks for visiting.



Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Top Gun Re-release HOBBS 640.0 hrs

http://www.amctheatres.com/topgun/
Its pretty hard to believe that Top Gun hit movie theatres in the summer of 1986 and was the top grossing film that same year...25 yrs ago! Wow! Where has the time gone? I still remember, like it was yesterday, as a newly graduated, pimple-faced, 18 yr old going to see it at the theatre. And of course walking out afterward thinking that it had to be the coolest movie ever. I was certainly ready to become a Naval aviator and fly Tomcats after that....but alas, things didnt play out that way.

Even today, I realize its kind of cheesy, but its still my favorite movie of all time. I mean, whats not to like?...in your 20's, dating a hot blonde (although my choice for casting would've been Michelle Pfieffer [pictured] for that role) who happens to have a PhD in Astrophysics, flying a 30 million dollar airplane on the governments dime and cruising around on a crotch rocket with no helmet in LaJolla, CA. Shoot, that would be the life! :)

AMC is showing limited engagements Apr. 30th and May 2nd, click this link for locations...I plan to be there, and daydreaming back to the summer of '86.....it was a good summer. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment