Ron's RV7 Aircraft Factory


Welcome to my personal blog. This site was created as an informal description of my build progress in the construction of a Van's RV7 aircraft. A place where family/friends/builders/curiosity seekers can follow along. It is not intended to be a detailed description of every step in the building process as that would be much too time consuming. There are plenty of sites that do a great job in that arena, that is not my intention with this site. My intention is for this to be a philisophical/motivational/inspirational account of the emotional ups and downs of the life changing journey...and it will change your life. I hope this will give you an idea, through my eyes, of what its like to make this transformation. A note to other builders, I am not an expert so do not put your safety at risk by attempting anything you see on this site until you have done your own research, or send me an email so we can discuss it. Any deviations from the plans are not approved, nor endorsed by Van's Aircraft or myself. Thanks for visiting.



Thursday, April 7, 2011

New Splashscreen HOBBS 620.0 hrs

With the announcement of the new name, you'll notice I redid my blog splashscreen. Although Mr. McMaster has a great looking plane (many thanks to him for letting me borrow his image for the last several months), I felt like it was time to part ways with that view for my site. I felt like I was ogling another man's wife. ;) It's time to start forging my own identity with my plane from here on out.

The goal was to create an attractive graphic of an RV, but keep it obscure. Kind of like a top secret view of what's coming in the Skunkworks factory. :) With the final view only to be unveiled when its complete.

I fired off an email to Chris Sands, again asking him for permission to use one of his photos. He was gracious enough to again say yes and thanked me for asking. This is the photo I used, nicely shot by Curt Gearheart. I dabble in amateur photography myself and I really liked his work on this photo shoot of Chris's plane. After I did some creative photo editing, you can see the final product for the site. Hope you like it, I was pleased with the results.

Builder: Chris Sands/Photography: Curt Gearheart

No comments:

Post a Comment