Ron's RV7 Aircraft Factory


Welcome to my personal blog. This site was created as an informal description of my build progress in the construction of a Van's RV7 aircraft. A place where family/friends/builders/curiosity seekers can follow along. It is not intended to be a detailed description of every step in the building process as that would be much too time consuming. There are plenty of sites that do a great job in that arena, that is not my intention with this site. My intention is for this to be a philisophical/motivational/inspirational account of the emotional ups and downs of the life changing journey...and it will change your life. I hope this will give you an idea, through my eyes, of what its like to make this transformation. A note to other builders, I am not an expert so do not put your safety at risk by attempting anything you see on this site until you have done your own research, or send me an email so we can discuss it. Any deviations from the plans are not approved, nor endorsed by Van's Aircraft or myself. Thanks for visiting.



Friday, April 5, 2013

Back in the Saddle HOBBS 1857.5 hrs

 
Well, yesterday afternoon, on a gorgeous spring day here in the Rockies I took flight once again in the blue and white sunburst painted Citabria after a 4 month hiatus from flying. This was the longest period of time without flying for me since I got my pilot's license 5 yrs ago. The reason for the break in flying activity was for what I am calling the "calm before the storm." As I now ramp up my flying to get ready for first flight I will be flying on a regular basis until then. In fact, the next 50 hrs of flight time will be unlike anything I have ever experienced. It will consist of more Citabria work, transition training with Alex, more Pitts work with Dagmar and of course being a test pilot for 40 hrs.
 
I can tell you, it was readily apparent yesterday as I climbed into the plane as the cockpit and environment felt awkward and foreign to me. It had definitely been too long and it showed. I felt tentative and 'behind' the airplane, neither of which are desirable for an aviator. My landings weren't horrible, but there was some obvious rust to be knocked off. Anyhow, it was nice to get flying again, and I am beyond excited to come out the other side of this 50 hr flight period a much different, and markedly better, aviator.
 
Lastly, today is the Rockies home opener and the weather forecast is 72 degs with plenty of sunshine. In light of this, yours truly will NOT be in the hangar this afternoon as I stake out a corner of a downtown patio bar with some friends to cheer on our beloved baseball team! KPR and fly safe my friends!
 
I'll leave ya with a couple pics of my favorite player, who just happens to play the same position I did, shortstop...Mr. Troy Tulowitzki (or just "Tulo" here in Denver), one of the best in baseball.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment