Ron's RV7 Aircraft Factory


Welcome to my personal blog. This site was created as an informal description of my build progress in the construction of a Van's RV7 aircraft. A place where family/friends/builders/curiosity seekers can follow along. It is not intended to be a detailed description of every step in the building process as that would be much too time consuming. There are plenty of sites that do a great job in that arena, that is not my intention with this site. My intention is for this to be a philisophical/motivational/inspirational account of the emotional ups and downs of the life changing journey...and it will change your life. I hope this will give you an idea, through my eyes, of what its like to make this transformation. A note to other builders, I am not an expert so do not put your safety at risk by attempting anything you see on this site until you have done your own research, or send me an email so we can discuss it. Any deviations from the plans are not approved, nor endorsed by Van's Aircraft or myself. Thanks for visiting.



Friday, April 12, 2013

Another Caribbean Adventure! HOBBS 1872.0 hrs

Photo by Scott and Tanya Card
 
My regular readers have heard this spiel from me before, but I often get asked by people who are not familiar with RV's or even small airplanes, "where can you fly these airplanes? How far can they go?" When I say around the world if you have the desire, they are pretty amazed. Not sure I will attempt an around the world trip, but I promise you the Caribbean Islands are going to be one of my first international destinations with Wablosa.
 
Every other year, Rosie or Jimmy B lead a contingent of planes to the Caribbean. Local friends Scott Mills and Gary Zilik have been on several of these trips, although not this year. Rosie and approximately 10 other planes are now doing a month long tour of the Caribbean islands. Here is their SPoT track...for a little inspiration and as Rosie likes to say, "keep pounding rivets, because its ALL worth it!"
 

 
4/15/13 Edit: Here is an updated track from Rosie's SPoT tracker from his airpark home in California...some 3600 nautical miles! That's covering some serious real estate, all in a plane built in a garage! Very cool!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment