Ron's RV7 Aircraft Factory


Welcome to my personal blog. This site was created as an informal description of my build progress in the construction of a Van's RV7 aircraft. A place where family/friends/builders/curiosity seekers can follow along. It is not intended to be a detailed description of every step in the building process as that would be much too time consuming. There are plenty of sites that do a great job in that arena, that is not my intention with this site. My intention is for this to be a philisophical/motivational/inspirational account of the emotional ups and downs of the life changing journey...and it will change your life. I hope this will give you an idea, through my eyes, of what its like to make this transformation. A note to other builders, I am not an expert so do not put your safety at risk by attempting anything you see on this site until you have done your own research, or send me an email so we can discuss it. Any deviations from the plans are not approved, nor endorsed by Van's Aircraft or myself. Thanks for visiting.



Thursday, February 14, 2013

New Work Area HOBBS 1730.5


With the "move" now in the rearview mirror, I've been busy getting my new work area at the hangar setup for the resumption of construction activities. The inertia of stopping and starting a project like this cannot be underestimated. I lost probably about a week and half of construction progress because of the move.
 
The good news is...the shop looks great and I am thrilled to be in my new home! I've turned into a real nice work area. I feel like a little kid every time I walk into "my" hangar. My aviation dreams are prioritized something like this....
  1. Own an airplane
  2. Own a new airplane
  3. Own an airplane that I built
  4. Own (or rent) a hangar 
As you can see, the hangar part is pretty cool to a guy like me, second only to owning an airplane...and now checked off the list. :) You will also notice...all of those should soon be a reality. It is amazing to have the opportunity to live your dreams.

 
Here are a few shots of how my corner of the hangar is shaping up. Bob really did a wonderful job providing a first class work area. The bench and pegboard you see was provided by Bob. I did get some razzing that the pegboard is for hanging tools...not pictures. But...hey, I am a visual guy, I make no excuses for that...I like my pictures and a nice aesthetic appeal. On the flip side...a couple of my move crew said they wanted me to set up their hangar too! haha




No comments:

Post a Comment