Ron's RV7 Aircraft Factory


Welcome to my personal blog. This site was created as an informal description of my build progress in the construction of a Van's RV7 aircraft. A place where family/friends/builders/curiosity seekers can follow along. It is not intended to be a detailed description of every step in the building process as that would be much too time consuming. There are plenty of sites that do a great job in that arena, that is not my intention with this site. My intention is for this to be a philisophical/motivational/inspirational account of the emotional ups and downs of the life changing journey...and it will change your life. I hope this will give you an idea, through my eyes, of what its like to make this transformation. A note to other builders, I am not an expert so do not put your safety at risk by attempting anything you see on this site until you have done your own research, or send me an email so we can discuss it. Any deviations from the plans are not approved, nor endorsed by Van's Aircraft or myself. Thanks for visiting.



Thursday, December 30, 2010

ER Tanks-Planning HOBBS 402.0 hrs

Went out to the shop last night and spent the majority of two hours thinking/planning out my ER tank architecture. I spent a fair amount of time doing this when I decided to go this route but hadnt done anything with it since, so it was time to add some more detail to the plans. Deciding where to place the tank ribs, getting a list put together of extra parts I will need to order from Van's, etc.

Its 'go' time! I have a bad habit of overthinking everything--sometimes I need to just stop thinking and start doing. I think I have reached that moment in time.

I gotta say the planning was fun, this is what gets my juices flowing. Not to offend anyone, but building one of these entirely to the plans holds little interest for a guy like me. 'Making it your own' is what truly draws me to this hobby. I would feel suffocated by building a lightsport RV-12 since you cant alter the build from standard. To me, life is too short to be just like everybody else...what fun is that? The coolest thing is going to OSH and seeing all of the clever tweaks people have done to their planes...even if its just a variation of something that has been done before. Anyway, thats just me...

No comments:

Post a Comment