Ron's RV7 Aircraft Factory


Welcome to my personal blog. This site was created as an informal description of my build progress in the construction of a Van's RV7 aircraft. A place where family/friends/builders/curiosity seekers can follow along. It is not intended to be a detailed description of every step in the building process as that would be much too time consuming. There are plenty of sites that do a great job in that arena, that is not my intention with this site. My intention is for this to be a philisophical/motivational/inspirational account of the emotional ups and downs of the life changing journey...and it will change your life. I hope this will give you an idea, through my eyes, of what its like to make this transformation. A note to other builders, I am not an expert so do not put your safety at risk by attempting anything you see on this site until you have done your own research, or send me an email so we can discuss it. Any deviations from the plans are not approved, nor endorsed by Van's Aircraft or myself. Thanks for visiting.



Friday, February 11, 2011

Achieving Balance HOBBS 477.5 hrs


Mt. Baldy and Grand Lake

I've been buried with "Applied Statistics" homework the last week so I havent done much airplane work....just a short 1.5 hr session last night. Schoolwork takes precedent over airplane work so the project has to wait.

My friend EJ (from the recent Cabela's trip post) invited me up to his cabin near Grand Lake, CO for a weekend of snowmobiling. Believe it or not, I was torn between accepting the invitation or politely declining. I have been really anxious to get that ER tank done as I am soooo close to sealing it up. On top of the fact the weather is supposed to warm to near 60 degs F this weekend, which will be so refreshing after our record setting cold lately. I am certainly ready for spring...and baseball season.

But, my philosophy during the build is this: as hard as it sometimes is to do...I try to maintain balance in my life. "All airplane--all the time" is too much for me and I'll get burned out, I just know myself. Consequently, I strive to keep the rest of my life intact (...kinda, sorta). That includes maintaining my gym workouts and excercise routine--definitely cant neglect my health so I can maintain quality of living and keep flying long into my later years hopefully. :) Social life...schoolwork...career...family, etc, you get the idea, they all have their place and are important.

So, when someone generously offers you a weekend of snowmobiling in the beautiful Rocky Mountains, you wholeheartedly say "yes!" even though you have to leave your "aluminum mistress" to do it. She'll be wating for me when I get back. ;) Have a good weekend and KPR!

No comments:

Post a Comment