Ron's RV7 Aircraft Factory


Welcome to my personal blog. This site was created as an informal description of my build progress in the construction of a Van's RV7 aircraft. A place where family/friends/builders/curiosity seekers can follow along. It is not intended to be a detailed description of every step in the building process as that would be much too time consuming. There are plenty of sites that do a great job in that arena, that is not my intention with this site. My intention is for this to be a philisophical/motivational/inspirational account of the emotional ups and downs of the life changing journey...and it will change your life. I hope this will give you an idea, through my eyes, of what its like to make this transformation. A note to other builders, I am not an expert so do not put your safety at risk by attempting anything you see on this site until you have done your own research, or send me an email so we can discuss it. Any deviations from the plans are not approved, nor endorsed by Van's Aircraft or myself. Thanks for visiting.



Monday, January 31, 2011

Sean Thomas Visit HOBBS 461.5 hrs


Good news, bad news. Good news...it was a fun weekend, bad news...didn't get much done on the plane.

Saturday I took a former colleague, business partner and good friend, along with his wife and her 10 yr old son on a trip in the DA-40 G1000 out to Sidney, NE to visit Cabela's. We had a great time, the flight was good although the winds (24kts G32) made my landings a tad interesting, but we survived...I will post more on this later.

Sunday, Sean Thomas, who is interested in building a RV7A came out for a visit. I almost felt bad for Sean as I talked his ear off for about three solid hours! :) That was about all the information I had stored up on how to/tips/tricks/lessons learned in my little ol' brain. Sean will be attending the SportAir RV class in February and already has both of the practice kits in his possession. All he needs now is some tools, an empennage and a place to build it! Good luck Sean, was good meeting you.

As for the project....just making final preparation's on my left ER tank in giddy anticipation of yet another ProSeal dance. ;) Pretty easy to see from the dimple pattern  in the pic exactly where the ER tank is going to be located...looks cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment