Ron's RV7 Aircraft Factory


Welcome to my personal blog. This site was created as an informal description of my build progress in the construction of a Van's RV7 aircraft. A place where family/friends/builders/curiosity seekers can follow along. It is not intended to be a detailed description of every step in the building process as that would be much too time consuming. There are plenty of sites that do a great job in that arena, that is not my intention with this site. My intention is for this to be a philisophical/motivational/inspirational account of the emotional ups and downs of the life changing journey...and it will change your life. I hope this will give you an idea, through my eyes, of what its like to make this transformation. A note to other builders, I am not an expert so do not put your safety at risk by attempting anything you see on this site until you have done your own research, or send me an email so we can discuss it. Any deviations from the plans are not approved, nor endorsed by Van's Aircraft or myself. Thanks for visiting.



Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The Home Stretch HOBBS 1603.0 hrs

Hey, its me again...its been a couple weeks since I last posted. Not for lack of activity, I assure you, if you were to happen by the factory you would hear the sounds of progress being made. I finally crossed the 1600 hr threshold, and gosh did that seem to take forever. Admittedly, my average hrs/week has been down lately...around 10 hrs, so that contributed to the slower pace.

I now have 21 weeks left until my birthday in April, my self imposed finish line so I'm in the home stretch of this long journey. If I average 10 hrs a week, that will put me over 1800 hrs...if I can get back to my 15 hr/week average it'll put me over 1900 hrs. I estimate it will take 1800-2000 hrs when all is said and done. As you can see, I am definitely in the ballpark.

I told my new hangar landlord, Bob Markert, that my move in date will be the middle of January...I've put a stake in the ground and am committed to this. After plenty of thought, I wanted to wait until after the holidays to mess with the move and transition...hopefully it won't be too disruptive to my progress.

You're probably wondering why I don't have any pics to post? I do, but blogger has informed me that I have reached my limit for free picture storage...1 GB. That was a nice surprise, not...they dont tell you this when you start! Now I am kind of stuck. And for others out there following my path, if you keep your pics at a smaller resolution, you can avoid this fate. Read the fine print...or try word press.

I cant post any more pics until I buy extra storage to the tune of $30/yr. Not happy about it, but gosh, what did I expect...storage isn't free, I should know...I'm in the business. I'll probably just buy the added storage, but I am looking at my options first...or lack of. Until then, stay tuned...progress pics are coming! Have a wonderful turkey day with your friends/family...and try to sneak away for some time with the mistress over the long holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment