Ron's RV7 Aircraft Factory


Welcome to my personal blog. This site was created as an informal description of my build progress in the construction of a Van's RV7 aircraft. A place where family/friends/builders/curiosity seekers can follow along. It is not intended to be a detailed description of every step in the building process as that would be much too time consuming. There are plenty of sites that do a great job in that arena, that is not my intention with this site. My intention is for this to be a philisophical/motivational/inspirational account of the emotional ups and downs of the life changing journey...and it will change your life. I hope this will give you an idea, through my eyes, of what its like to make this transformation. A note to other builders, I am not an expert so do not put your safety at risk by attempting anything you see on this site until you have done your own research, or send me an email so we can discuss it. Any deviations from the plans are not approved, nor endorsed by Van's Aircraft or myself. Thanks for visiting.



Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Lakota Sue HOBBS 377.5 hrs


I try to keep this blog mostly about the build process, but I also use it as a sort of journal to document what is going on in my life (or at least the significant happenings) so that I can look back at this 20 yrs from now and remember. Well, this post has nothing to do with airplanes.

Yesterday afternoon I had to put my trusty dog Lakota, and loyal companion of almost 15 yrs, down. She was named after the proud people of the Lakota Sioux, the western-most tribe of the Sioux Indians. I always have had a great respect for the Native American's of the 19th century. The name of my plane, which I have already picked out, will also reflect this 'Lakota Sioux' theme.

We were inseperable for all those years, she was literally my shadow wherever I went. You might imagine how attached a single guy and animal lover might be to his canine sidekick. She was an amazing dog and she lived a long, happy life with good health right 'til the end and I take great comfort in that fact...but even with that being said, it was still a very tough day for me. If you're a pet owner and have ever had to experience this, you'll know what I mean.

RIP old girl, you did it right and your companionship will be sorely missed..."there will be others, but never another"


2 comments:

  1. Ron,

    My condolences to you for your loss. It's always extremely hard when we lose a beloved, furry family member. My heart goes out to you and your beautiful friend.

    Take Care,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete