Ron's RV7 Aircraft Factory


Welcome to my personal blog. This site was created as an informal description of my build progress in the construction of a Van's RV7 aircraft. A place where family/friends/builders/curiosity seekers can follow along. It is not intended to be a detailed description of every step in the building process as that would be much too time consuming. There are plenty of sites that do a great job in that arena, that is not my intention with this site. My intention is for this to be a philisophical/motivational/inspirational account of the emotional ups and downs of the life changing journey...and it will change your life. I hope this will give you an idea, through my eyes, of what its like to make this transformation. A note to other builders, I am not an expert so do not put your safety at risk by attempting anything you see on this site until you have done your own research, or send me an email so we can discuss it. Any deviations from the plans are not approved, nor endorsed by Van's Aircraft or myself. Thanks for visiting.



Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Oshkosh 2010 Booked! HOBBS 195.0 hrs

Last week I bought my airline tickets to Oshkosh for the annual AirVenture celebration. I'll be doing my same ol' routine, camping in Scholler Campground right on the showgrounds, which is the only way to go in my opinion. Its the best way to soak in the Oshkosh ambience. Spending nights under the stars with 30,000 other aviation enthusiasts from all over the world. Ultralights flying overhead as you BBQ a steak while savoring a cold drink. Walking distance to everything including the night time entertainment at the Ford theatre, Theate in the Woods and BeerVenture (a gem which Samira and I stumbled across last year)...whats not to love?! I will be spending 4 nights/5 days. I am flying into Milwaukee and renting a car for the short drive into Oshkosh. This is the same thing I did last year and it worked out pretty good as the drive was not bad at all. With major vacations somewhat 'on hold' for aircraft construction, this is my only real trip of the year so I am certainly looking forward to it. On top of the fact I cant wait to check out all the RV's that will be flying in...lots of examples to examine!

No comments:

Post a Comment