Ron's RV7 Aircraft Factory


Welcome to my personal blog. This site was created as an informal description of my build progress in the construction of a Van's RV7 aircraft. A place where family/friends/builders/curiosity seekers can follow along. It is not intended to be a detailed description of every step in the building process as that would be much too time consuming. There are plenty of sites that do a great job in that arena, that is not my intention with this site. My intention is for this to be a philisophical/motivational/inspirational account of the emotional ups and downs of the life changing journey...and it will change your life. I hope this will give you an idea, through my eyes, of what its like to make this transformation. A note to other builders, I am not an expert so do not put your safety at risk by attempting anything you see on this site until you have done your own research, or send me an email so we can discuss it. Any deviations from the plans are not approved, nor endorsed by Van's Aircraft or myself. Thanks for visiting.



Monday, September 22, 2014

First 100 Hours


I reached 100.0 hrs (notice the reading on the screen) on the HOBBS on Sept. 13th, 2014...three days under six months since the first flight! Wow, that is far and away the most flying I have ever done in a six month period and I gotta say I like it. Its been a whole lot of fun and I keep pinching myself, wondering if this new life is real. 

The second half of the year will most likely be something less than 100 hrs. Sandwiched in the first 100 hrs was my 40 hr flyoff period that I cruised through in no time. Although I would fly 500 hrs a year if my budget allowed, I figure 150 hrs/year should be about right for now.

During this particular weekend, Sheryl and I headed south to Pueblo, CO for breakfast at the Spitfire grill and then hopped over to Lamar, CO to say hi to some of my acro friends who were having an IAC contest. From there, we headed home, showered and drove to an Octoberfest hangar party that my acro instructor, Dagmar, was having at Centennial airport. What a great aviation weekend!

I am due for a 100 hr inspection, which I plan to get pretty detailed with since its my first. More details on this when I do it...I find its hard to take the plane down to do inspections these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment