Ron's RV7 Aircraft Factory


Welcome to my personal blog. This site was created as an informal description of my build progress in the construction of a Van's RV7 aircraft. A place where family/friends/builders/curiosity seekers can follow along. It is not intended to be a detailed description of every step in the building process as that would be much too time consuming. There are plenty of sites that do a great job in that arena, that is not my intention with this site. My intention is for this to be a philisophical/motivational/inspirational account of the emotional ups and downs of the life changing journey...and it will change your life. I hope this will give you an idea, through my eyes, of what its like to make this transformation. A note to other builders, I am not an expert so do not put your safety at risk by attempting anything you see on this site until you have done your own research, or send me an email so we can discuss it. Any deviations from the plans are not approved, nor endorsed by Van's Aircraft or myself. Thanks for visiting.



Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Shop-Part Two

More work on the shop this weekend, added the compressor to the lineup.

My preview plans in the framed display, this is pretty cool it hinges open to swap out drawings as needed during the project. Had this laying around for several years...now gonna finally put it to good use.

Brought my desktop computer out to the shop, wasnt using it much anymore since I use my laptop most of the time. But, it is also a tv monitor so with this little setup I can access the internet, watch cable tv and listen to internet radio (http://www.pandora.com/) which rocks! Gotta love technology!

My assortment of clamps ready to rock and roll. Most of these were purchased at Harbor Freight for dirt cheap, great place to get stuff like this. I may need more as the project goes on, but this is a good start.

Parts bins ready to be filled with aircraft hardware...

Inside/Outside temperature, this will come in handy when it comes time to cut the canopy since it needs to be nice and toasty during this process.
White board for jotting down shop notes...

Table top drill press...

The Band Saw...

Belt Sander...
Bench Grinder...I'll put a 'scotch bright' wheel in this.
Organization...hanging stuff from the ceiling. Home Depot rack kits.

And the "Ron Duren" version. This is a place where I can store scrap wood, foam and finished parts. I was hoping to put at least one of my wings up here but it may not be big enough, possibly my horizontal stab?

And last but not least, a full size fridge stocked with cold beer to help get over those frustrating times that are bound to happen! I will also be adding an old microwave and coffee pot that I have laying around.

No comments:

Post a Comment