Ron's RV7 Aircraft Factory


Welcome to my personal blog. This site was created as an informal description of my build progress in the construction of a Van's RV7 aircraft. A place where family/friends/builders/curiosity seekers can follow along. It is not intended to be a detailed description of every step in the building process as that would be much too time consuming. There are plenty of sites that do a great job in that arena, that is not my intention with this site. My intention is for this to be a philisophical/motivational/inspirational account of the emotional ups and downs of the life changing journey...and it will change your life. I hope this will give you an idea, through my eyes, of what its like to make this transformation. A note to other builders, I am not an expert so do not put your safety at risk by attempting anything you see on this site until you have done your own research, or send me an email so we can discuss it. Any deviations from the plans are not approved, nor endorsed by Van's Aircraft or myself. Thanks for visiting.



Monday, October 10, 2011

Steve Jobs HOBBS 862.0 hrs


Just a quick note on the passing of Apple Chairman and CEO Steve Jobs last week at the age of 56. I don't believe in idolizing anyone because no one is perfect, and that is certainly true of Steve Jobs, he had his flaws like we all do. But, perfect or not, I do find people like Steve Jobs very inspiring.

If you cant live your life with passion, whats the point? As he once said, "we must find something we love". You can say what you want about Steve Jobs, but you can never argue about his passion for what he loved to do. That is an important lesson to remember...live your life with passion, whatever it may be. I have been fortunate to have a few passions in my life and obviously my current one is aviation. I am grateful for these passions in life....many live their entire lives without any, and that is too bad.

Here are two of my favorite quotes by Steve Jobs, especially the first one which resonates with my philosophy on life and is essentially my mantra. I believe we all have a terminal illness, we are all going to die--dont waste the precious time that you have.

“Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. There is no reason not to follow your heart."

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."

How does this relate to building an airplane in your garage? Well...its simple, it inspires me to do something great, to get off the couch, to do something I love with my time on earth because it is limited. Use your time wisely, for me, one of those things is building an airplane in my garage.

1 comment: