Ron's RV7 Aircraft Factory


Welcome to my personal blog. This site was created as an informal description of my build progress in the construction of a Van's RV7 aircraft. A place where family/friends/builders/curiosity seekers can follow along. It is not intended to be a detailed description of every step in the building process as that would be much too time consuming. There are plenty of sites that do a great job in that arena, that is not my intention with this site. My intention is for this to be a philisophical/motivational/inspirational account of the emotional ups and downs of the life changing journey...and it will change your life. I hope this will give you an idea, through my eyes, of what its like to make this transformation. A note to other builders, I am not an expert so do not put your safety at risk by attempting anything you see on this site until you have done your own research, or send me an email so we can discuss it. Any deviations from the plans are not approved, nor endorsed by Van's Aircraft or myself. Thanks for visiting.



Friday, October 28, 2011

New Items HOBBS 913.0 hrs

Received some misc parts I had ordered recently. Always fun to get airplane stuff. These items came from JD Air and Avery Tools. Both great vendors, easy to work with and a well deserved reputation for good customer service.


Custom canopy latch from JD Air...this appears to be a cast aluminum part with some post operation machining. It will need some finish work, I am planning to red anodize it once I clean it up.


Fuel tank vent fairings. I am very pleased with these...good quality and they have an alternate air path machined into them. Vans specifies just using a fitting cut at a 45 deg angle and pro-sealing a bug screen on them. Probably works just fine...these just 'class' up the plane a little bit.


I bought a set of washer wrenches from Avery. I knew I would need these for installing the control sticks...guys that have them in the toolbox swear by them.



Tailwheel link and control arm, also from JD Air. There are several companies out there that do an aftermarket control link and I think they are all pretty similar. I like the quality on this one, a little pricy though.



Rudder cable fairings. You can make your own...but these seemed like a no brainer to add on as I needed to order some other stuff from Avery anyhow.


Rudder pedal extensions from JD Air...again, nice quality here. Being the idiot I am...I only ordered one set however. I forgot to order a set for the co-pilot side...whoops.


A follow up on a previous post when I couldn't find any material for the seat belt cable wear blocks...well I found 'em...in the package with the seat belt cable. d'oh! Oh well, my homemade version were just as good...now I have an extra set for when the other ones need replacing.

No comments:

Post a Comment