Ron's RV7 Aircraft Factory


Welcome to my personal blog. This site was created as an informal description of my build progress in the construction of a Van's RV7 aircraft. A place where family/friends/builders/curiosity seekers can follow along. It is not intended to be a detailed description of every step in the building process as that would be much too time consuming. There are plenty of sites that do a great job in that arena, that is not my intention with this site. My intention is for this to be a philisophical/motivational/inspirational account of the emotional ups and downs of the life changing journey...and it will change your life. I hope this will give you an idea, through my eyes, of what its like to make this transformation. A note to other builders, I am not an expert so do not put your safety at risk by attempting anything you see on this site until you have done your own research, or send me an email so we can discuss it. Any deviations from the plans are not approved, nor endorsed by Van's Aircraft or myself. Thanks for visiting.



Thursday, October 3, 2013

LOE Fly-in HOBBS 2252.0 hrs


The LOE RV fly-in is back in Colorado, after quite a few years away. The story goes that it started here in Colorado, moved to New Mexico for several years, then to Oklahoma for a couple. Now its back in the good ol' Rocky Mountains! LOE, depending on who you ask, stands for "Land of Enchantment" (for New Mexico) or "Lots of Experimentals". Not sure it really matters what it really means, what you need to know is its a very good size gathering of RV's. Rumor is that Van's is planning to fly an RV12 or 14 out for this...but we'll see since the weather isn't cooperating as we have a system moving in Friday.
 
I've never been to one of these, but the girlfriend and I will be attending this one obviously since its in our backyard. It'll be nice to see some flying RV's and meet some new people.
 
Here is the weekend schedule. If you are in the area...come on by, we'll be there all day Saturday, going to the banquet and grabbing a hotel and departing Sunday morning. So, no building this weekend for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment