Ron's RV7 Aircraft Factory


Welcome to my personal blog. This site was created as an informal description of my build progress in the construction of a Van's RV7 aircraft. A place where family/friends/builders/curiosity seekers can follow along. It is not intended to be a detailed description of every step in the building process as that would be much too time consuming. There are plenty of sites that do a great job in that arena, that is not my intention with this site. My intention is for this to be a philisophical/motivational/inspirational account of the emotional ups and downs of the life changing journey...and it will change your life. I hope this will give you an idea, through my eyes, of what its like to make this transformation. A note to other builders, I am not an expert so do not put your safety at risk by attempting anything you see on this site until you have done your own research, or send me an email so we can discuss it. Any deviations from the plans are not approved, nor endorsed by Van's Aircraft or myself. Thanks for visiting.



Friday, May 3, 2013

Touching Base HOBBS 1899.5 hrs


Top of the morning to you! I just wanted to fire off a real quick status update since I haven't posted in awhile. I assure you, it hasn't been because of couch time, I've been quite busy. I just returned from my Tiger Cruise and I'm working on a nice writeup of that adventure. In summary, I shot right around 900 pics and had the time of my life...it really exceeded everything I could have imagined it would be. The US Navy just jumped to the lead of the pack with me, such a good group of people that I was fortunate enough to meet. Much, much more on this later.

I got a couple short work sessions in the hangar during the short week, mostly doing wire routing, along with with some flying (pattern work) in the Citabria. Tonight I leave for transition training with Alex in Dallas. So, no rest for the weary! Once I get back, it will be a green light to go pedal to the metal to finish this puppy up! As you can see, I am now right at the 1900 hr threshold. I'm figuring I can't be much more than 100 hrs away from being done...time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment