Ron's RV7 Aircraft Factory


Welcome to my personal blog. This site was created as an informal description of my build progress in the construction of a Van's RV7 aircraft. A place where family/friends/builders/curiosity seekers can follow along. It is not intended to be a detailed description of every step in the building process as that would be much too time consuming. There are plenty of sites that do a great job in that arena, that is not my intention with this site. My intention is for this to be a philisophical/motivational/inspirational account of the emotional ups and downs of the life changing journey...and it will change your life. I hope this will give you an idea, through my eyes, of what its like to make this transformation. A note to other builders, I am not an expert so do not put your safety at risk by attempting anything you see on this site until you have done your own research, or send me an email so we can discuss it. Any deviations from the plans are not approved, nor endorsed by Van's Aircraft or myself. Thanks for visiting.



Sunday, March 13, 2011

No More Fuel Tanks!! HOBBS 521.0 hrs


Four fuel tanks....check! After a very productive 14 hr weekend, I'm all done with fuel tanks and ProSeal! woohoo! As I cleaned the ProSeal off the cleco's, tools and the work table for the last time I was giddy. What a great feeling to be done with that crap. I still need to do some leak tests, add some access holes, plumbing, etc...but the ProSeal portion is done. (Note: one of the ER tanks in the pic is not completely done yet, it still needs a few ribs...although the tank itself is done.)

They say the most satisfying things in life are the ones that are the hardest to achieve. Well, needless to say, I am pretty satisfied with these tanks. They were a fair amount of grinding work, but they're all mine and I will smile every time I look at them because I intimately know what went into them. My fingerprints are all over 'em...literally. Dad arrives tomorrow so hopefully we will burn through the remainder of these wings in short order.


2 comments:

  1. Nice work dude - so you'll come over to my shop and do mine for me, now that you have it all down to a science, right?

    Keep rockin on the wings man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bryan! I can certainly show you what I've learned from doing four fuel tanks...but it'd cost ya for me to do them for you! haha

    ReplyDelete