Ron's RV7 Aircraft Factory


Welcome to my personal blog. This site was created as an informal description of my build progress in the construction of a Van's RV7 aircraft. A place where family/friends/builders/curiosity seekers can follow along. It is not intended to be a detailed description of every step in the building process as that would be much too time consuming. There are plenty of sites that do a great job in that arena, that is not my intention with this site. My intention is for this to be a philisophical/motivational/inspirational account of the emotional ups and downs of the life changing journey...and it will change your life. I hope this will give you an idea, through my eyes, of what its like to make this transformation. A note to other builders, I am not an expert so do not put your safety at risk by attempting anything you see on this site until you have done your own research, or send me an email so we can discuss it. Any deviations from the plans are not approved, nor endorsed by Van's Aircraft or myself. Thanks for visiting.



Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Fuselage Arrives! HOBBS 553.0 hrs


Yesterday the Fuselage crate arrived. As you might know or guess, this is always pretty exciting when one of these buggers arrives! A shiny new pile of aluminum inviting me, almost begging me to turn it into an airplane. Dad and I tore into the crate like two kids on Christmas morning. Unwrapping parts...with plenty of "oooh's" and "aaaah's" and "wonder what this is?" or "I know what that is!" ;) It really doesnt get any better than this.

It seems each one of the sub-kits gets more exciting...empennage, wings...and now this one has been the the best so far...lots of cool stuff. Lets just say, I am dying to get started on this...I jokingly told my Dad, "screw finishing up the wings, lets start on the fuselage!" haha!

The good thing is, barring any setbacks we will have those wings done shortly and I can proceed with my inventory and start cranking along on the fuse. I can already hear those airplane noises that I will be making while I sit in the fuse for the first time, stick in hand, pretending I am flying my bird across the beautiful Colorado countryside....the stuff of childhood dreams. :)


The crate and parts were undamaged and longer than I expected. I believe I was thinking of the size of the finishing kit which is shorter (more like 6') and taller. This one was about 8 feet long by my estimation.


As usual, Van's did a nice job packing it all in there. My Duckworks landing lights were also included.



I dont know who was more excited, Dad or I, to unwrap everything and take a look-see!??

3 comments:

  1. I love present day. Looks like a great times ahead of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeehaw! Look daddy - it's an airplane!! (almost).

    Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How much did that fuse box weigh? Were you guys able to man handle it yourself?

    ReplyDelete