Ron's RV7 Aircraft Factory


Welcome to my personal blog. This site was created as an informal description of my build progress in the construction of a Van's RV7 aircraft. A place where family/friends/builders/curiosity seekers can follow along. It is not intended to be a detailed description of every step in the building process as that would be much too time consuming. There are plenty of sites that do a great job in that arena, that is not my intention with this site. My intention is for this to be a philisophical/motivational/inspirational account of the emotional ups and downs of the life changing journey...and it will change your life. I hope this will give you an idea, through my eyes, of what its like to make this transformation. A note to other builders, I am not an expert so do not put your safety at risk by attempting anything you see on this site until you have done your own research, or send me an email so we can discuss it. Any deviations from the plans are not approved, nor endorsed by Van's Aircraft or myself. Thanks for visiting.



Monday, December 17, 2012

RV Websites HOBBS 1638.0 hrs

http://rvairspace.com/

Most of my readers know about Van's Air Force (VAF), its a great site and one that I have frequented many, many times since even before I started building. In the RV world, VAF is king, and its a well earned status. Doug Reeves has done a real nice job developing and maintaining it.

Lately a few more RV specific sites that show promise, have cropped up. I have talked with both owners and found them to be real good guys. I just wanted to give my readers a heads up of their existence, if you want to try something different or just want to supplement your VAF reading, try these out.

  • RV Airspace was formed by Glenn Brasch. Glenn and I have exchanged several emails and I am a member of his site. You'll find some distinct differences on the RV Airspace forums vs. VAF, like openly discussing accidents to learn from them. I am in favor of this and get very frustrated that VAF doesn't allow this kind of discussion in any form.
  • RV Nation was formed by Scott Brown, whom I've also corresponded with several times as well. He has put together a real professional looking site and has some really nice looking apparel (t-shirts and polo shirts) with the RV Nation (see below) logo...which is pretty cool looking. I plan to order one for a Christmas present for myself. :)
Anyway, I have no horse in the race with either of these sites...neither owner lobbied for me to advertise their site, just thought they were both worth sharing. Enjoy and KPR!

http://www.rv-nation.com

No comments:

Post a Comment