Ron's RV7 Aircraft Factory


Welcome to my personal blog. This site was created as an informal description of my build progress in the construction of a Van's RV7 aircraft. A place where family/friends/builders/curiosity seekers can follow along. It is not intended to be a detailed description of every step in the building process as that would be much too time consuming. There are plenty of sites that do a great job in that arena, that is not my intention with this site. My intention is for this to be a philisophical/motivational/inspirational account of the emotional ups and downs of the life changing journey...and it will change your life. I hope this will give you an idea, through my eyes, of what its like to make this transformation. A note to other builders, I am not an expert so do not put your safety at risk by attempting anything you see on this site until you have done your own research, or send me an email so we can discuss it. Any deviations from the plans are not approved, nor endorsed by Van's Aircraft or myself. Thanks for visiting.



Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Family Visit HOBBS 1385.0 hrs

Still working on getting caught up on blog posts so this news is already a couple weeks old. I mentioned that my family was coming for a visit...the contingent included my parents, two of my teenage nieces (Kaylee and Kristen) and my nephew. They were on hand for the engine hanging. Even though I am a single guy with no kids, building an RV should still be a family affair if possible...get them involved! Here are a few pics...


Can I get in the "airplane" Uncle? Of course you can, let me lift you inside! How could you say no to that face? :) A pilot in the making I'm hoping.


Here he is moving the stick around. I actually had the elevator controls hooked up at this point so he enjoyed moving the stick and seeing the tail surfaces move. Apparently he couldn't stop telling everyone that "Uncle let him sit in the airplane!" Love it. :)


What happens if I pull on this one? "Oops Uncle, I broke it"....hehe, not to worry little G-man, it can be fixed.


Of course, Pop was more than happy to dig right in on several projects while he was here, which as stated previously, a huge help.


Assembling some temporary wheel chocks...


Getting ready to hang the engine...


Checking out all the goodies I had put on display for the engine hanging party..it was quite an assortment of engine probes, avionics, cable harnesses, stick grips, seat belt harnesses, etc.



The "boys" at home in the shop...pure heaven!


Pop graciously offered to tackle the brake assemblies that I had been neglecting since I got the brackets powder coated...along with repacking the wheel bearings.


Using the "RV jack" I bought...looking good

No comments:

Post a Comment