Ron's RV7 Aircraft Factory


Welcome to my personal blog. This site was created as an informal description of my build progress in the construction of a Van's RV7 aircraft. A place where family/friends/builders/curiosity seekers can follow along. It is not intended to be a detailed description of every step in the building process as that would be much too time consuming. There are plenty of sites that do a great job in that arena, that is not my intention with this site. My intention is for this to be a philisophical/motivational/inspirational account of the emotional ups and downs of the life changing journey...and it will change your life. I hope this will give you an idea, through my eyes, of what its like to make this transformation. A note to other builders, I am not an expert so do not put your safety at risk by attempting anything you see on this site until you have done your own research, or send me an email so we can discuss it. Any deviations from the plans are not approved, nor endorsed by Van's Aircraft or myself. Thanks for visiting.



Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Steamboat Springs Air Fest HOBBS 810.5 hrs


My girlfriend Deb, posing with a nice looking RV7

Over the holiday weekend, I spent it in Steamboat Springs, CO and had a wonderful time...weather was simply perfect as was the company. Its become sort of a tradition for me the last three Labor Day weekends to spend it in Steamboat. One reason is that Steamboat has long been my favorite Colorado mountain resort area since I moved here 18 yrs ago...but also because they have an 'Air Fest' every year during that weekend. Its not much...rather small, mostly just static displays, airplane rides in a Stearman, C-47 and a Piper Cub (I did the Cub ride a few years ago) and some fly-by's but hey...its airplanes! And there were 3 local RV guys that were doing some nice formation fly-by's including a 'missing man'...the group consisted of a real nice looking blue/polished RV8, an RV6 and a -4. Here are a few pics of a pretty nice looking RV7 on static display...not sure of the owner?


A well appointed panel...nice clean layout


I keep taking photos of the CAD interior package that I plan to put in my seven...here you can see the side panels and rear bulkhead covers.


A lot of builders are doing really nice seals on their windscreens...either with ProSeal or Sika, here is a great example...looks very professional.


This looks like an added air scoop...'Sam James'-style...interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment