Ron's RV7 Aircraft Factory


Welcome to my personal blog. This site was created as an informal description of my build progress in the construction of a Van's RV7 aircraft. A place where family/friends/builders/curiosity seekers can follow along. It is not intended to be a detailed description of every step in the building process as that would be much too time consuming. There are plenty of sites that do a great job in that arena, that is not my intention with this site. My intention is for this to be a philisophical/motivational/inspirational account of the emotional ups and downs of the life changing journey...and it will change your life. I hope this will give you an idea, through my eyes, of what its like to make this transformation. A note to other builders, I am not an expert so do not put your safety at risk by attempting anything you see on this site until you have done your own research, or send me an email so we can discuss it. Any deviations from the plans are not approved, nor endorsed by Van's Aircraft or myself. Thanks for visiting.



Friday, February 28, 2014

Baggage Compartment HOBBS 2699.0 hrs

As I get prepped for W&B...I need to get the last details on the interior done. I decided to tackle the baggage area first.
 
 
First task, eliminate cold drafts coming from the tail cone. I used expanding foam sealant in the triangular areas (white stuff) as shown. I then added some 1/8" weather stripping all the way around. When I rode in the backseat of an RV10 to San Diego for my Tiger Cruise, the draft on the back of my head just about made me numb going over the Rockies. This little step is important for a nice, comfortable cockpit...not only for moi, but especially for the little lady, who gets cold when its 75 degs outside. :) Heated seats are also part of the package.



 
I wanted to throw some outdoor carpeting in my baggage floor storage compartments. Mostly just to keep the bottom fuse skin from getting dinged up. I chose a floor mat with rubber backing. In hindsight, not sure if that was the best choice. This could be a corrosion problem if moisture gets under there. With the alclad, it has some protection, but I will keep an eye on this until I'm sure its not a problem. Carpet color?...RED of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment