Ron's RV7 Aircraft Factory


Welcome to my personal blog. This site was created as an informal description of my build progress in the construction of a Van's RV7 aircraft. A place where family/friends/builders/curiosity seekers can follow along. It is not intended to be a detailed description of every step in the building process as that would be much too time consuming. There are plenty of sites that do a great job in that arena, that is not my intention with this site. My intention is for this to be a philisophical/motivational/inspirational account of the emotional ups and downs of the life changing journey...and it will change your life. I hope this will give you an idea, through my eyes, of what its like to make this transformation. A note to other builders, I am not an expert so do not put your safety at risk by attempting anything you see on this site until you have done your own research, or send me an email so we can discuss it. Any deviations from the plans are not approved, nor endorsed by Van's Aircraft or myself. Thanks for visiting.



Friday, December 20, 2013

View from the Cockpit of a Pitts HOBBS 2416.0 hrs


Eric Sandifer shot this great cockpit video of him doing some aerobatics in his Pitts. Watching this will give you an idea what its like from a pilots point of view, how quickly things move and how disorienting it is to new aerobatic pilots. I remember my first couple flights in the Pitts and being downright startled at how nimble the airplane was. Its hard to describe if you haven't experienced it firsthand. 
 
Project related...I've got several irons in the fire right now. I finally got my CO detector working properly, did some layout work and ordered my final three push/pull controls (oil shutter, ram air and cabin heat) from McFarlane and lastly decided to add an accumulator to my "semi-inverted" oil system. I will comment on all of these topics in greater detail next week. Until then, as I always say, "its not going to build itself!" Have a good weekend...you know where I'll be.

No comments:

Post a Comment