Ron's RV7 Aircraft Factory


Welcome to my personal blog. This site was created as an informal description of my build progress in the construction of a Van's RV7 aircraft. A place where family/friends/builders/curiosity seekers can follow along. It is not intended to be a detailed description of every step in the building process as that would be much too time consuming. There are plenty of sites that do a great job in that arena, that is not my intention with this site. My intention is for this to be a philisophical/motivational/inspirational account of the emotional ups and downs of the life changing journey...and it will change your life. I hope this will give you an idea, through my eyes, of what its like to make this transformation. A note to other builders, I am not an expert so do not put your safety at risk by attempting anything you see on this site until you have done your own research, or send me an email so we can discuss it. Any deviations from the plans are not approved, nor endorsed by Van's Aircraft or myself. Thanks for visiting.



Thursday, July 14, 2011

AirVenture is Coming Up HOBBS 738.0 hrs

http://www.airventure.org/

Well, its almost that time of year again...yep, "Christmas for Aviation Enthusiasts!", the pilgrimage to Oshkosh, Wisconsin is just around the corner. I was looking back at my previous trips since I started building...they occurred at 95.0 hrs and 262.0 hrs, I am now at 738.0. It made me realize I am a little short of 500 hrs since last year..I had originally planned on a 500+/yr pace so I'm gonna try and step it up going forward. Its tough sometimes to keep at it, how guys do these in two years is beyond me. But I, for one, want a flying airplane sooner rather than later. At this time next year, hopefully I will be at 1250 or more?

I am doing things a little different this year. I usually attend the last half of the week, this year I am going early. I will arrive on saturday before the show officially starts (on monday). I've always wanted to grab a chair, a cooler of beer and park my butt down next to the runway and watch the mass arrivals of airplanes coming in. I listen to the live tower feed every year and its quite fascinating. So, I'm looking forward to this new twist.

Of course, I have an entire laundry list of items/vendors I want to check out. Plenty of purchases and decsions still left to be made before I am done. In addition, this is a great oppurtunity for stocking up on needed tools, supplies and AN hardware...helps save shipping costs.

No comments:

Post a Comment