Ron's RV7 Aircraft Factory


Welcome to my personal blog. This site was created as an informal description of my build progress in the construction of a Van's RV7 aircraft. A place where family/friends/builders/curiosity seekers can follow along. It is not intended to be a detailed description of every step in the building process as that would be much too time consuming. There are plenty of sites that do a great job in that arena, that is not my intention with this site. My intention is for this to be a philisophical/motivational/inspirational account of the emotional ups and downs of the life changing journey...and it will change your life. I hope this will give you an idea, through my eyes, of what its like to make this transformation. A note to other builders, I am not an expert so do not put your safety at risk by attempting anything you see on this site until you have done your own research, or send me an email so we can discuss it. Any deviations from the plans are not approved, nor endorsed by Van's Aircraft or myself. Thanks for visiting.



Friday, April 1, 2011

Builder Visit and Movie Night HOBBS 610.0 hrs

Last weekend, at my request, Scott, Gary and their wonderful wives Deb and Carolyn hosted a movie night out at the hangar. It was kind of a short notice deal so we just ordered pizza instead of our usual potluck style movie night. Prior to the movie I hosted a builder visit at my project. It was a great afternoon and evening of talking RV's and airplanes and flying. The movie Scott chose was Memphis Belle, one of my favorites.

My Dad really got a kick out of the whole day and evening. We finished the top skins on the wings, had some people over to see the project and then spent the evening in Gary's hangar surrounded by good people and fine airplanes. Not a bad day huh?

Both Dad and I were thinking, "pinch me". During the movie I noticed him turn around to look at the airplanes behind us. I cant think of many things in life that make a 65 yr old feel like a kid again. It doesnt get much better than that! :) Thanks to the Zilik's and Mills's for putting it all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment