Ron's RV7 Aircraft Factory


Welcome to my personal blog. This site was created as an informal description of my build progress in the construction of a Van's RV7 aircraft. A place where family/friends/builders/curiosity seekers can follow along. It is not intended to be a detailed description of every step in the building process as that would be much too time consuming. There are plenty of sites that do a great job in that arena, that is not my intention with this site. My intention is for this to be a philisophical/motivational/inspirational account of the emotional ups and downs of the life changing journey...and it will change your life. I hope this will give you an idea, through my eyes, of what its like to make this transformation. A note to other builders, I am not an expert so do not put your safety at risk by attempting anything you see on this site until you have done your own research, or send me an email so we can discuss it. Any deviations from the plans are not approved, nor endorsed by Van's Aircraft or myself. Thanks for visiting.



Friday, October 29, 2010

Paint Scheme Evolution HOBBS 348.0 hrs

Some of you may have looked back in the archive and seen my first paint scheme post. I have pretty much dumped that idea (too busy) and have developed a totally different scheme. I would guess it is the result of about 50 different hand sketches with colored pencils...what can I say, I'm picky! :) I have looked at it for months now without changing it so I'm thinking it is a done deal except for a few tweaks.

I have yet to find a good (cheap, easy to use and good 3D results) software package that will simulate a paint scheme on an RV...or at least one that I like. So, with my background in CAD, I am working to develop my own model. Its not a high priority right now since I am a good two years away from worrying about the details of the paint scheme, so my progress is slow. I also dont plan to release the full rendering until I am much closer to completion. I dont mind if someone copies my paint scheme after the fact, but not before. ;) So, I will release bits and pieces as time goes on. Here is release number 1...click for larger image.

1 comment:

  1. Any chance you could share your 3d model? I want to make one for my buddy who's in love with this RV-6 and this is the best looking model I've seen online!

    ReplyDelete