Ron's RV7 Aircraft Factory


Welcome to my personal blog. This site was created as an informal description of my build progress in the construction of a Van's RV7 aircraft. A place where family/friends/builders/curiosity seekers can follow along. It is not intended to be a detailed description of every step in the building process as that would be much too time consuming. There are plenty of sites that do a great job in that arena, that is not my intention with this site. My intention is for this to be a philisophical/motivational/inspirational account of the emotional ups and downs of the life changing journey...and it will change your life. I hope this will give you an idea, through my eyes, of what its like to make this transformation. A note to other builders, I am not an expert so do not put your safety at risk by attempting anything you see on this site until you have done your own research, or send me an email so we can discuss it. Any deviations from the plans are not approved, nor endorsed by Van's Aircraft or myself. Thanks for visiting.



Saturday, March 14, 2009

Shop-Finishing up

Today I added a few more minor touches to the shop. I think I have done just about enough work on this for now, so this will be my last post on this topic. I may alter things...add something as I progress through the build but this is what we are going to the starting line with . As a new builder, I am not really sure how to set up my shop 'exactly' right...I have read posts and looked at other builders setups but its kind of personal how you do it. Ask me when I'm done, I bet I'll have lots of ideas to share.

My new rollaway toolbox showed up finally at Sears. Ran down and picked up immediately, another exciting piece of the puzzle. The stainless steel toolbox came from CostCo which I bought previously. I know it doesnt totally match but oh well, life goes on. It will serve its purpose.

I can swing the rollaway into this position while working, make it handy to get to tools as needed.

This is a portable light stand I bought for pretty cheap at Home Depot. I think it was about $20 so I couldnt pass it up since everyone says the more lighting you have in your shop the better. Good news, it puts out a lot of light and is of course portable so I can move it to where I need the light. Bad news, dang thing gets REALLY hot...I have a funny feeling I will burn myself on this thing before the project is done. Maybe I could use it to 'heat' the garage on a cold night. :)
This was my project for today. Added a shelf to put an old microwave and coffee pot on. It was a cheap project, materials cost was only about $15 and it took me less than an hour. I think it will turn out to be pretty handy to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment