Ron's RV7 Aircraft Factory


Welcome to my personal blog. This site was created as an informal description of my build progress in the construction of a Van's RV7 aircraft. A place where family/friends/builders/curiosity seekers can follow along. It is not intended to be a detailed description of every step in the building process as that would be much too time consuming. There are plenty of sites that do a great job in that arena, that is not my intention with this site. My intention is for this to be a philisophical/motivational/inspirational account of the emotional ups and downs of the life changing journey...and it will change your life. I hope this will give you an idea, through my eyes, of what its like to make this transformation. A note to other builders, I am not an expert so do not put your safety at risk by attempting anything you see on this site until you have done your own research, or send me an email so we can discuss it. Any deviations from the plans are not approved, nor endorsed by Van's Aircraft or myself. Thanks for visiting.



Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Smokin' in Colorado!


Finally got around to getting my last hose on the smoke system hooked up. It was the hose from the tank to the feed line. Not too big a deal, but I had to navigate around some side panels on my interior. I've been messing with higher priority items, so this had taken a back burner, until now. 

Anyway, if you aren't aware, I was one of the first 'beta' customers for Smoke System Helper's new behind-the-seat tank. I painted it black and it really is hardly noticeable behind my seat. If you don't want to remove your tank...this is the way to go. More information on this system can be found on the right side of my page under the label "smoke system".

Here is a snipit video of me doing the first test of the system, no leaks. It took a little while for the system to prime...maybe 20 seconds...but then it was off and running. The smoke flow you see is about halfway open, for comparison. Not sure how this will look in the air, but its a good starting point.

In other news, I just did my second oil change at 85 hrs on the HOBBS. The first one was at 32.8, so I went a little over my 50 hrs threshold. But, other than making a little bit of a mess, nothing to it. Did a quick test flight to make sure all was good. 

This was in preparation for flying down to Denton (DTO) this weekend to watch the Red Bull Air Races with some friends from the Colorado Pilots Association. This will be my second RBAR, the first being over San Diego Bay before they went on haitus a few years ago. Before  heading to Denton, we are going to drop into BAZ, south of Dallas, in New Braunfels, TX for a quick visit to my parents new home.

Loving this flying life! KPR...its all worth it.


http://www.teamchambliss.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment