Ron's RV7 Aircraft Factory


Welcome to my personal blog. This site was created as an informal description of my build progress in the construction of a Van's RV7 aircraft. A place where family/friends/builders/curiosity seekers can follow along. It is not intended to be a detailed description of every step in the building process as that would be much too time consuming. There are plenty of sites that do a great job in that arena, that is not my intention with this site. My intention is for this to be a philisophical/motivational/inspirational account of the emotional ups and downs of the life changing journey...and it will change your life. I hope this will give you an idea, through my eyes, of what its like to make this transformation. A note to other builders, I am not an expert so do not put your safety at risk by attempting anything you see on this site until you have done your own research, or send me an email so we can discuss it. Any deviations from the plans are not approved, nor endorsed by Van's Aircraft or myself. Thanks for visiting.



Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Turkey Day! HOBBS 2351.5 hrs


 
Another turkey day rolls around, I'm thinking this is at least my fourth one as an active builder. The fourth time I will be sneaking off to work on the airplane on my days off from work. It sure better be the last... ;) Although, I will spend time with the mistress this weekend...there will be no work tomorrow, some things must remain sacred.
 
No pics this week. I gotta be honest, taking pics and documenting the website really are far down my list of worries at the moment. I apologize to my readers, but hey, there is plenty of information archived on the site for you to spend many afternoons reading. Just hang with me as we get this thing flying, and there will be plenty of blogging then. 
 
Admittedly, the project feels like wrestling with a Grizzly bear right now. Although the new cowl scoop is starting to look real nice as I finish it up, the wiring is still the bugaboo. Progress has been made...in small steps, but several headaches have popped up.
 
The Dynon A/P servo's are not showing up on the SkyView network. They seem to have power, but nothing comes up when I run the "configure" command. Talked to Dynon, and they said send them in for evaluation.
 
I worry I may have toasted my PS Engineering PAR100EX unit. I had to redo one of the high density DB44 connectors and then proceeded unknowingly to install it upside down in the tray (you would think that would be impossible, but its not). I pushed the PAR into the tray and somehow the connectors, even though they were reversed, shorted when I powered it up. My CB on the VP-X popped as it was supposed to...but now the unit wont power on. Not sure whats going on but I've tried everything I can think of...this unit may also be going back to PS Engineering for evaluation...and repair. Ugh.
And lastly, the Pmag's don't power up. Again, checked all of my wiring...but nothing. I will be calling them today to troubleshoot this over the phone.
 
So there ya go, my recent progress, or lack thereof...Happy Turkey Day to everyone...give thanks, we are fortunate to have this hobby in our lives and the people that love us and support (or put up with) it. Even with my latest wiring headaches, I consider myself one of the lucky ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment