Ron's RV7 Aircraft Factory


Welcome to my personal blog. This site was created as an informal description of my build progress in the construction of a Van's RV7 aircraft. A place where family/friends/builders/curiosity seekers can follow along. It is not intended to be a detailed description of every step in the building process as that would be much too time consuming. There are plenty of sites that do a great job in that arena, that is not my intention with this site. My intention is for this to be a philisophical/motivational/inspirational account of the emotional ups and downs of the life changing journey...and it will change your life. I hope this will give you an idea, through my eyes, of what its like to make this transformation. A note to other builders, I am not an expert so do not put your safety at risk by attempting anything you see on this site until you have done your own research, or send me an email so we can discuss it. Any deviations from the plans are not approved, nor endorsed by Van's Aircraft or myself. Thanks for visiting.



Monday, February 6, 2012

Fiat 500 Commercial HOBBS 1109.5 hrs


Last night I watched the Super Bowl, not so much that I had a rooting interest in either of these East coast teams although I did make a friendly wager with my pop on the Giants just to make things more fun. It was an entertaining game and of course, as you know, the Giants did in fact beat the Patriots to become 2011/12 world champions. The other reason for watching, of course, were the commercials--which are sometimes better than the game.

This particular one for the Fiat 500 made me stop in my tracks with my jaw dropped much like the guy in the commercial...if you seen it, you probably know what I mean. Not just because of the stunning woman, Romanian model Catrinel Menghia, or the fact she didnt speak a word of English in the entire commercial. But it was also the colors that caught my eye...I have, from day one, the utmost confidence my airplane, in a black and red paint scheme is going to be one sexy looking gal--but probably not as sexy as Miss Menghia looked in black and red! ;) wowza, nicely done!


And for some useless trivia...here is the translation of what she had to say...

"What are you looking at?! Are you undressing me with your eyes? Poor guy, you cannot help it? Is your heart beating; is your head spinning...Do you feel lost thinking I could be yours forever?"

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ron,
    My two boys are big fans of the UK version of "Top Gear" (the auto show). The lead presenter, Jeremy Clarkson, loved the Fiat 500 Abarth. So much so that on our last family trip to Portland, we stopped at the Fiat dealer and test drove the 500 (non Abarth, they aren't here until next month). BAD move. We are now contemplating purchase of an Abarth. In ROSSO (Ferrari Red). And we have the blessing of She Who Must Be Obeyed, who thought it was "cute"
    Stay tuned
    Steve M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice...I gotta admit, I didnt even know this car existed until I seen the commercial. "She who must be obeyed..." Love it!! haha

    ReplyDelete